Trio for oboe, clarinet and bassoon
From KCB Library Wiki
dedicated to the Brussels Woodwind Trio (Maurice Cokelberghs, Robert Janssens, Leo Van de Moortel)
- Legley completed this trio on 21 August 1942 in Brussels.
- The work was first heard during a Radio Brussel broadcast on 7 January 1943 from Flagey in Brussels; the performers were the members of the Brussels Woodwind Trio.
- instrumentation: oboe, clarinet (b ♭) and bassoon
- duration: ca 11'
- I. Allegretto grazioso
- II. Adagio
- III. Allegretto (11/8) - Allegro giocoso (6/8) - Allegretto (11/8)
- IV. Allegro moderato (7/4) - Allegro vivace (6/8) - Poco più vivo (2/4) - Prestissimo (2/4) - Tempo primo (allegro vivace)(6/8)
- autograph (score and parts): Royal Conservatory Antwerp (B-Ac), shelf number MM-BKA-LEGLE-trio-4
- first edition (study score): CeBeDeM, Brussels, 1956
- first edition (parts): CeBeDeM, Brussels, 1956
- Tessely (p.162) mentions only N.I.R. Brussels, 1943, Trio d'anches de Bruxelles. In the autograph bassoon part (which was used by the Brussels Woodwind Trio, cf. sources), several dates of performances are listed, the first being 7-I-43. Zender Brussel. The broadcast is announced in the article Radio - Donderdag 7 januari 1943 in Volk en Staat of 7 January 1943, p.3.
- The first edition gives 12′. On the autograph the duration of the trio is indicated, probably by the Brussels Woodwind Trio: 11'03" for the whole, part 1: 2'25", part 2: 4'07", part 3: 1'47", part 4: 2'44".
- Sizes: 14+6+6 pp., 274x355 mm
Title page: 89 | Legaat L. Van De Moortel | duur/durée +/- 11 min. | Aan de Heren Cokelberghs, Janssens en Leo Van de Moortel. | trio voor Hobo, klarinet en fagot | trio pour Hautbois, Clarinette et basson. | [two stamps of the Brussels woodwind trio] | [stamp B-Ac] | Vic. legley (op.11)