Sonata for piano 3
From KCB Library Wiki
dedicated to Nelson Delle-Vigne
Opus 84 no.2
- Legley composed the second movement of this sonata on 5 December 1970, inspired by the death of Jan Brys. The other movements were added later and the sonata was completed on 2 August 1977 in Woluwe.
- instrumentation: piano
- duration: ca 8'30"
- I. Largamente, energico e pesante - Con moto
- time signature: 3/4
- II. Pour J[an] B[rys] 5.XII.70
- tempo: Lento, mesto e assai libero
- III. Non troppo allegro e sempre ben marcato
- time signature: ₵
- autograph: Royal Conservatory Brussels (B-Bc), shelf number BV-03-4050
- first edition: CeBeDeM, Brussels, 1981. Fingerings by Nelson Delle-Vigne.
- Originally, this movement was part of Brindilles, as can be deduced from Legley's note in the autograph: In werkelijkheid sinds lang begonnen, gebruikt deze sonate als trage bew. een stuk dat oorspronkelijk deel uitmaakte van "Brindilles" en dat op 5.XII.70 geschreven werd voor de te jong overleden Jan Brys. [Actually started a long time ago, this sonata uses as its slow movement a piece that originally was part of "Brindilles" and that was composed on 5.XII.70 for Jan Brys, who died too young.]