Small introduction for a royal celebration
From KCB Library Wiki
- Written for the festivities for the 60th birthday (1990) of King Baudouin and for his 40 years as King (1991).
- Legley's intention was to develop this work into a larger, independent work at a later date.
- Completed on 4 March 1990.
- From mid-1990 the piece was performed at all royal festivities.
- instrumentation: 3 trumpets, 4 horns, 3 trombones, 4 tubas and percussion
- duration: ca 2'
- Con fuoco
- time signature: 2/4
- Dolce maestoso
- time signature: 4/4
- key: D major
- photocopy of the autograph: Royal Conservatory Brussels (B-Bc), no shelf number yet (Legley Archive)
- De Roeck, p.553.
- De Roeck, p.554.
- Autograph: 4.3.90 | What's that?
- According to De Roeck (p.553), the autograph would have been contained in the archive that Legley's son kept. However, that archive was donated in 2011 to the library of the Royal Conservatory of Brussels, where this work is not present. Perhaps this manuscript has remained in the Legley family after all.