Serenade for 2 violins and piano
From KCB Library Wiki
dedicated to Gaby Altmann, Jean-Louis Lardinois and Jean Louël
Opus 44 no.1
- Legley composed this sonata from September to November 1954 in Wégimont and Woluwe.
- The earliest known performance took place on 14 January 1957 in the concert hall of the Ghent conservatory and was played by the Trio Altmann-Lardinois-Louël.
- instrumentation: 2 violins and piano
- duration: ca 14'
- I. Allegro ma non troppo
- time signature: 5/4
- duration: ca 3'10"
- II. Molto vivo, leggiero e scherzando
- time signature: 6/8
- III. Andante
- time signature: 4/4
- IV. Allegro molto deciso
- time signature: ₵
- photocopy of the autograph: Music Library of the former NIR, shelf number KAMER 925
- first edition (score and parts): CeBeDeM, Brussels, 1961