Concerto for cello and orchestra
From KCB Library Wiki
dedicated to Roel Dieltiens
- Legley worked on this concerto between 6 March 1983 and April 1984 in Koksijde.
- The concerto was first performed on 22 June 1985 in the BRT concert studio in Brussels by Roel Dieltiens and the BRT Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Avi Ostrowsky.
- instrumentation: solo cello and symphony orchestra
- duration: ca 23'
- I. Allegro commodo
- time signature: 4/4
- II. Zeng
- tempo: Quasi adagio
- time signature: 4/4 and 6/8
- III. Finale (3x3x3x3)
- tempo: Allegro molto vivace
- time signature: 9/8
- autograph: Royal Conservatory Brussels (B-Bc), shelf number BV-03-4062 onderdeel-1
- autograph piano reduction: Royal Conservatory Brussels (B-Bc), shelf number BV-03-4062 onderdeel-2
- This date is to be read on p.3 of the autograph.
- This date is written down on the last page of Legley's piano reduction, the work was deposited at authors' organisation SABAM on 7 May 1984 (see stamp on the last page of the autograph). De Roeck (p.524) gives 22 October 1984, probably a mistake.
- De Roeck, p.524.
- 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 2 trumpets, trombone, timpani and strings.
- This movement makes use of the seventh song of the cycle Zeng.
- It is not entirely clear what this indication means.