“The criterion of true beauty is that it increases on examination” - Fulke Greville (1554-1628)
Education, research and practicing the arts, these are the pilars of higher art education. To provide access to information, that is the task of a library.
This wiki aims to bring together these two worlds. This publication platform focuses on research related to the library collection and is examined by its staff members. These research activities are possible thanks to the financial support of Trobador, the research unit of the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussels.
Dr. Johan Eeckeloo
Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel
School of Arts of the Erasmushogeschool Brussel
Research Projects at the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel Library
Ongoing Research Projects
- The violin classes of the Brussels Royal Conservatory in the 19th century Project realized by Richard Sutcliffe
- The music of Vic Legley (1915-1994) Project realized by Koenraad Sterckx
Completed Research Projects
- Online exhibition on Peter Cabus, composer and teacher [Mechelen 1923 - Mechelen 2000]
- Online exhibition on Albert Delvaux, composer and conductor [Leuven 1913 - Jette 2007]
- Online exhibition on miniature books in the Brussels Royal Conservatory library.
Downloads for IAML 2015
- The Founding of the Belgian Violin School and the Library of the Brussels Royal Conservatories
- Refactoring a Library's Legacy Catalog: a Case Study (full paper in PDF)
For information about any of these projects please use the form that can be found here.