“The criterion of true beauty is that it increases on examination” - Fulke Greville (1554-1628)
Education, research and practicing the arts, these are the pilars of higher art education. To provide access to information, that is the task of a library.
This wiki aims to bring together these two worlds. This publication platform focuses on research related to the library collection and is examined by its staff members. These research activities are possible thanks to the financial support of Trobador, the research unit of the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussels.
Dr. Johan Eeckeloo
Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel
School of Arts of the Erasmushogeschool Brussel
Research Projects at the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel Library
Ongoing Research Projects
- De e-scores van Hans Swinnen. Project realized by Koenraad Sterckx.
- Special Music Heritage Collections in the Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel. Project realized by Koenraad Sterckx.
Completed Research Projects
- C.P.E. Bach in Brussels Project realized by Richard Sutcliffe.
- The music of Vic Legley (1915-1994) Project realized by Koenraad Sterckx.
- The violin classes of the Brussels Royal Conservatory in the 19th century Project realized by Richard Sutcliffe.
- Ysaÿe's opus 27 and the unfinished sonata in C major Project realized by Koenraad Sterckx.
- Collection Albert Delvaux, composer and conductor [1913 - 2007]
- Online exhibition Guido Wagener
- Collection Peter Cabus, composer and teacher [1923 - 2000]
- Online exhibition Musical Finland In Brussels
- Online exhibition Small is beautiful
- Online exhibition Music in Braille
- The Founding of the Belgian Violin School and the Library of the Brussels Royal Conservatories
- Refactoring a Library's Legacy Catalog: a Case Study (full paper in PDF)
For information about any of these projects please use the form that can be found here.