The golden river
From KCB Library Wiki
- Legley composed this work from August 1947 until and February 1948.
- On 9 March 1948, the work was declared at NAVEA.
- See also Legley's preface.
- The first performance was played by the NIR orchestra conducted by Jozef Verelst.
- time signature: 2/4
- Molto andante (quasi adagio)
- Allegretto scherzando
- Tempo primo (andante)
- autograph: Royal Conservatory Brussels (B-Bc), shelf number BV-03-4014
- De Roeck, p.243.
- CeBeDeM - lijst werken: Oeuvres de Victor Legley, p.1. More details are not known.
- 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, trumpet, timpani and strings (6-5-4-3-2).
- Thus in the autograph. De Roeck (p.243) gives 9', relying on the declaration of NAVEA. A recording (VRT archives) of the work by the NIR orchestra and conductor Jozef Verelst (see first performance) lasts 6'30".