Sonata for viola and piano
From KCB Library Wiki
- Legley finished this sonata 23 November 1943 in Brussels.
- The first performance was played by Gerard Ruymen (viola) and Frieda Pey (piano) in January 1945 during the Séminaire des Arts in Flagey in Brussels.
- instrumentation: viola and piano
- duration: ca 17'30"
- I. Adagio (12/8) - Allegro moderato (12/8)
- II. Lento (4/4)
- III. Allegro scherzando (3/4)
- IV. Moderato (2/4) - Giocoso, ma non troppo vivo (2/4)
- photocopy of the autograph (score and part): Royal Conservatory Brussels (B-Bc), Legley archives
- first edition (score and part): CeBeDeM, Brussels, 1955
- The viola part of the first edition mistakenly gives 23 IX 1943.
- CeBeDeM - lijst werken: Oeuvres de Victor Legley, p.1. More details are not known.
- Thus in the autograph. CeBeDeM and the first edition give 18', De Roeck (p.266) give 19'.
- In the viola parts of the autograph and the first edition: ...vivace.
- The autograph itself could not yet be traced.