Fugue for orchestra
From KCB Library Wiki
- In the Legley archive (cf. sources) one can find a photocopy of a fugue for orchestra by Legley which was arranged by Karel "Charlie" Knegtel and a certain Engelen. This arrangement It was probably made for the performance on 5 June 1992 during the Proms concert in the Wijngracht theatre in Kerkrade by the Limburgs Symfonie Orkest and the Metropole Orkest conducted by Fernand Terby.
- instrumentation of the arrangement by Knegtel and Engelen: symphony orchestra and jazz orchestra
- time signature: ₵
- key: e minor
- duration: ca 3'30"
- photocopy of manuscript: Royal Conservatory Brussels (B-Bc), no shelf number yet (Legley archive)
- For which instrumentation the work was originally composed, could not be traced. In our opinion it is also not inconceivable that Legley only composed the fugue theme.
- Frusch, Jos: Promconcert Kerkrade zit vol verrassingen in Limburgs Dagblad of 2 April 1992, p.2. Frusch, Jos: Promconcert mist sfeer in Limburgs Dagblad of 9 June 1992, p.2.
- 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 alto saxophones, 2 tenor saxophones, baritone saxophone, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 6 trumpets, 5 baritones, percussion and strings.
- Concert recording (VRT-archive) with the BRTN Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Sylveer Van den Broeck.