From KCB Library Wiki
dedicated to the Francis Stoefs Quartet
- Legley completed this quartet on 29 February 1944 in Brussels.
- On 29 May 1945 the work was performed for the first time in the auditory Akarova in Brussels by the Stoefs Quartet.
- instrumentation: 3 flutes, 1 alto flute
- duration: 8' - 9'
- I. Allegro grazioso (5/8)
- finished on 24 January 1944
- II. Introduction (Andante)(3/4) - Poco più vivo (3/4) - Allegro scherzando (6/8) - Andante (tempo poco più vivo)(3/4) - Tempo of the introduction (3/4)
- finished on 17 February 1944
- III. Presto (2/4) - Poco meno (3+2+3/8) - Tempo primo (2/4)
- finished on 29 February 1944
- autograph: Royal Conservatory Brussels (B-Bc), shelf number BV-03-4004
- first edition (score and parts): CeBeDeM, Brussels, 1959
- The first edition however gives 1943.
- C.M.: Muziekkroniek - Jonge Vlaamsche Muziek in De Nieuwe Standaard of 8 June 1945, p.2. P.T.: Petite Chronique Musicale in Le Soir of 14 June 1945, p.2.