Concerto for harp and orchestra
From KCB Library Wiki
dedicated to Phia Berghout
- This concerto was composed in 1966.
- The work was first performed during the Biennale de Musique Contemporaire (an initiative of BRT and RTB) on 6 December 1967 in Studio 4 of concert hall Flagey in Brussel. The performers were Phia Berghout and the BRT symphony orchestra conducted by Daniel Sternefeld.
- instrumentation: solo harp and symphony orchestra
- duration: ca 14'
- I. Allegro molto energico
- time signature: ₵
- II. Andante
- time signature: 3/4
- III. Allegro grazioso
- time signature: 4/4
- Youtube: recording by Chantal Grégoire and the BRT symphony orchestra conducted by Ferdinand Terby
- photocopy of the autograph: Royal Conservatory Brussels (B-Bc), no shelf number yet (Legley archives)
- photocopy of the autograph piano reduction: Royal Conservatory Brussels (B-Bc), no shelf number yet (Legley archives)
- harp part: CeBeDeM, Brussels, s.d.
- Tessely, p.59.
- 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones, timpani en strings.